Thursday, September 17, 2009

3D Pumpkin Card

A friend of mine recently created a miniature 3D pumpkin and I fell in love with the concept right away. She mentioned finding it on the cricut message boards and after doing a little checking, I believe the original idea post came from this blog: http://happileighscrappin.blogspot.com/2009/09/fall-fun.html.

I was thinking of making these to use as placecard holders for a family dinner coming up in October but I really wanted to play around and see what else I could use them for. I decided to create them only halfway, leaving a flat surface to attach to a beautiful fall card and this was the result.

For Cricut users: I used the scalloped oval cut from the Storybook cart ("W" button using the Accent/Blackout feature). These are cut at 1 1/2 inches. The leafy cuts are from Storybook as well ("3" button using the Fancy Corner feature)and are also cut at 1 1/2". You simply ink the edges, fold the ovals in half (long ways for the tall pumpkin and short for the shorter one) and attach them to each other. I used 7 ovals each on these pumpkins. For the stems I just folded small scraps of brown paper together.

The sentiment was welded in CDS and is cut at 1 1/2 inches using the 'Loop Dee Loo' feature from Lyrical letters.





9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!! They turned out so cute.
Lori

It's Jenn! said...

these are adorable!! I may have to give this a shot! Do they lay flat easily if I wanted to put them in an envelope?

Smacki's Place said...

you did a wonderful job. i will try this also

Anonymous said...

beautiful card!

Michele said...

Oh man these are cute! I am totally lifting this idea, thanks!!

Unknown said...

I love the pumpkins. Is there a tutorial for them?

Jillykins said...

love the lettering how did you jazz it up like that, cool alpha

zacharychristian said...

I love your Pumpkin Thanksgiving card. I plan to copy it for this upcoming Holiday. Thanks, Norma

Unknown said...

Segera Bergabung Bersama Kami di Agen Adu Ayam Bangkok Terpercaya !!