Monday, April 28, 2008

Congrats Card for My Niece

My cute little Niece made it to the State competition for Elementary School debate (she's in fifth grade). This is a card I made her for the occassion.

I used Alphalicious for the "Congratulations" and PDDU for the girl inside the card. The flowers were done with Accent Essentials and the centers are done with acrylic beads aka: "skittles".

Grams Wordbook

This is a wordbook I made for my Grandma for her 80th birthday. I took pictures at the party to put in the wordbook later. This was a simple layout, 8x8 square to accomodate more pictures. It was made with Mickey Font & Accent Essentials.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

My First Word Book - Dream BIG

This is my very first word book. It was an absolute BLAST to make and I had so much fun and SO many ideas that came to mind as I was making it that I cannot WAIT to make more!

This was done on the Expression but could also be done on the lil' Bug. I used Plantin Schoolbook on CDS for the design (cut file below pics). I used .22 chipboard at a blade depth of 5, full speed, full pressure and multi-cut on 3. Heavy cardstocks on both sides of each chipboard page and patterned pieces are just standard scrapbook paper. Be sure to reset blade depth to 4 and lighten pressure when cutting standard paper to avoid tearing.

Click here for the cut file but note this disclaimer: Because this was my first word book, I didn't realize that manipulating the width of the letters would render the shadow function less "functional" which is to say, the overlay letters do not fit perfectly within the chipboard cuts. I didn't realize this until I had already cut the chipboard portion of the project and I wasn't inclined to fix it.

My First 7 Cards

These are pictures of my first 7 cards. Since I'm fairly inexperienced with card making, I started by using simple white prepackaged 5x7 cards and envelopes purchased a Walmart. This tends to give them all a rather simple look since there's no color variation in the back but I'll branch out as I get better, I'm sure. Here are the pictures, along with details on cartridges used.

The bees were done with WIMG and words with MTG. I used gold Stickles on the wings.

Embossing was done with the CBF: D'vine Swirl. Flowers were done in varying sizes using Accent Essentials. Green Stickles dotted in corners.
Happy Day 4 inch with shadowed background from MTG. Pink stickle dots.

Cuts from Celebrations. Red Stickles outlining balloons.

Cuts from Paper Pups.

Smile cut using GP -- shadowed and embossed with CBF: Swiss Dots.

Present cut from Celebrations & embossed with the CBF: D'vine Swirl. Thank you cut from Alphalicious.